- and value the uniqueness and individuality of each child
- that by recognising the family as the child's first educator it is essential to build a collaborative partnership with family to best provide for each child's learning
- that nature provides us with limitless learning opportunities and will be an integral part of our daily programme
- children must be given time and encouragement to learn
- opportunities must be provided to allow children to practise, fail and take risks
- learning experiences must de developed from the child's natural interests and then expanded upon
- in a flexible programme that meets the diverse developmental range within young children
- and we recognise the great educators of the past and incorporate their teachings and philosophies into that of EYP. The likes of Reggio Emilia, Montessori, Steinerhave influenced our philosophies at EYP.
Children can , “be, become and belong"
We believe that it is through
play that .....
children learn naturally. Play
makes learning meaningful,
relevant and fun helping them
to make sense of their world.